With this blog, it is my aim to carve out a place for adults to read, learn, create, and share our mutual passion for poetry. Poetry Pop is meant for everyone to enjoy, whether you’re a beginner, a seasoned poet, or somewhere in between.
The blog focuses on seven main features:
- Poetry Pop: I will post an original poem written in a specific poetic form (haiku, acrostic, sonnet, etc.). Along with my poem, I’ll present the rules of the form and encourage you to give the form a try. Writing a poem within specific guidelines is challenging and fun. It’s like solving a word puzzle! Can’t wait? See above for a list of step-by-step instructions of various poetic forms.
- Poetry Pop Quiz: I’ll present a poem and a short biography of the poet. You can take a fun interactive pop quiz to test your knowledge or learn more about the poet. Did you know that E. E. Cummings dedicated his self-published volume of poetry, No Thanks, to the fourteen publishers who had turned it down?
- Poetry Pop Prompts: Need a prompt to get your creative juices flowing? I’ll be blogging about and writing from written and visual prompts. In the meantime, take a look at the “Poetry Prompts” tab above to get started.
- Zen Pop: Sometimes a little encouragement is just what we need. If you see a Zen Pop blog post prepare to feel loved and inspired.
- Guest Pop: Here, I welcome other poets as my guests to share their poetry on Poetry Pop. I am happy to reciprocate. Here’s how it works:
- I will write a post introducing you, the theme (if there is one), the poetic form, and your poem.
- Your poem will be featured once on the blog on a specified date.
- A link to your poetry blog or website will be included in the post.
- By agreeing to be a guest poet and submitting your poem, you give poetrypop.com permission to post your poem online.
- You retain all rights to your poem.
- I reserve the right to refuse publication if I feel your poem is inappropriate.
- You reserve the right to request the poem be removed from the blog at any time.
- Poetry Pop Blog Hop: We will hop over to other poetry blogs for a visit to see what our fellow poets are up to.
- Poetry Pop Shop: These blog posts are a place for me to share fun, writer-ly and readerly gadgets and books I think you might enjoy.
Thanks for visiting! I hope you’ll subscribe to the blog and pop in often.
Sharing my poetry with others:
Please feel free to post my poems on your website, share them with friends, or use them in your classroom. You don’t need special permission for these applications as long as you include:
- My name
- Copyright information as shown at the end of each poem
- A link back to this website (poetrypop.com)
Please email me regarding print rights if you want to print my poems in a book, anthology, magazine, software, or any other publication.
If you have a poetry blog and you’d like to connect, I’d love to hear from you.