With this blog, it is my aim to carve out a place for adults to read, learn, create, and share our mutual passion for poetry. Poetry Pop is meant for everyone to enjoy, whether you’re a beginner, a seasoned poet, or somewhere in between.
The blog focuses on seven main features:
- Poetry Pop: I will post an original poem written in a specific poetic form (haiku, acrostic, sonnet, etc.). Along with my poem, I’ll present the rules of the form and encourage you to give the form a try. Writing a poem within specific guidelines is challenging and fun. It’s like solving a word puzzle! Can’t wait? See above for a list of step-by-step instructions of various poetic forms.
- Poetry Pop Quiz: I’ll present a poem and a short biography of the poet. You can take a fun interactive pop quiz to test your knowledge or learn more about the poet. Did you know that E. E. Cummings dedicated his self-published volume of poetry, No Thanks, to the fourteen publishers who had turned it down?
- Poetry Pop Prompts: Need a prompt to get your creative juices flowing? I’ll be blogging about and writing from written and visual prompts. In the meantime, take a look at the “Poetry Prompts” tab above to get you started.
- Zen Pop: Sometimes a little encouragement is just what we need. If you see a Zen Pop blog post prepare to feel loved and inspired.
- Guest Pop: Here, Iwelcome other poetry bloggers as my guests to share their poetry and thoughts on Poetry Pop. I am happy to reciprocate.
- Poetry Pop Blog Hop: We will hop over to other poetry blogs for a visit to see what our fellow poets are up to.
- Poetry Pop Shop: These blog posts are a place for me to share fun, writer-ly and readerly gadgets and books I think you might enjoy.
Thanks for visiting! I hope you’ll subscribe to the blog and pop in often.
Sharing my poetry with others:
Most of my poems will be written in an easy to share photo/jpeg format. Please feel free to post my poems on your website, share them with friends, or if you are a poetry teacher, use them in your classroom. You don’t need special permission for these applications as long as you include:
- My name
- Copyright information as shown at the end of each poem
- A link back to this website (poetrypop.com)
If you would like to print/reprint my poems in a book, anthology, magazine, software, or some other publication, please email me regarding print rights.
If you have a poetry blog and you’d like to connect, I’d love to hear from you.